Explore San Clemente
The southernmost enclave of Orange County's famous coastal cities, San Clemente is the definitive California beach city. The Santa Ana mountains frame the city to the east as the range's foothills sweep down across the abundant luxury neighborhoods and green spaces before disappearing into the Pacific Ocean.
With mountains and ocean, long, uninterrupted stretches of beach, a bounty of green spaces, and near-perfect weather the entire year, life happens outdoors here.
But even the most ardent adventurer requires refuge from their refuge. Single-family or condo, San Clemente real estate is some of the most coveted in Orange County. Or California, such as the reputation of San Clemente's graceful seaside escapism. The majority of homes follow the Spanish Revival school of design, and many more feature nods to the timeless style. But there's plenty of variety within the inventory, though you may find yourself competing for it.
LIFESTYLE IN SAN CLEMENTE
San Clemente has a strong independent streak, primarily informed by the city's geography. Los Angeles and San Diego are both an hour's drive from downtown San Clemente. Though there is a train stop for the San Diego-bound Pacific Surfliner steps from the beach, the urban elements of two of the country's largest cities have little impact on San Clemente's pastoral beachside setting.
Even when comparing it to fellow Orange County coastal cities, San Clemente offers a wholly unique experience. The two largest cities in Orange County, Anaheim, and Santa Ana, are 45- and 30-minutes from the heart of San Clemente, respectively.
That implied seclusion serves the city exceptionally well. Similar to living full-time in an all-inclusive luxury resort, San Clemente meets every desire a homeowner could have. But far from pretentious, residents appreciate the laid-back luxury, hometown feel, beachfront living, and San Clemente favors an extremely active outdoor lifestyle.
Want access to hiking and biking? Or less than a five-minute walk to the beach? Maybe you'd rather walk directly from your back door and onto the sand. Or a golf course. You can have it in San Clemente.
SAN CLEMENTE NEIGHBORHOODS
San Clemente is a charming coastal city with a variety of neighborhoods to choose from. Some of the most popular neighborhoods in San Clemente include Talega, Forster Ranch, Cyprus Cove, The Coast, and Shorecliffs. Each neighborhood offers its own unique character and amenities, from luxury homes and ocean views to family-friendly parks and top-rated schools. Whether you're looking for a quiet suburban lifestyle or a lively beach community, San Clemente has a neighborhood that will suit your needs.
SAN CLEMENTE REAL ESTATE MARKET
San Clemente's picturesque, Spanish-influenced architecture recalls the region's origins as host to Spanish missions. The desirable location and stunning variety of landscapes push San Clemente's real estate to the top of many buyers' must-have lists. The average single-family price is $3 million, and the average home size is 3,500 square feet. Condo prices come in around half of the standard home value. Even with a population nearing 65,000 residents, San Clemente's serene, tucked-away footprint helps retain a distinctive small-town vibe. Once you explore further the city's neighborhoods, you realize that connection extends from neighbor to neighbor.
THINGS TO DO IN SAN CLEMENTE
San Clemente is a beautiful coastal city located in Orange County, California. Known for its stunning beaches, quaint downtown area, and Spanish-style architecture, San Clemente offers plenty of activities and attractions for both residents and visitors. If you're planning a trip to San Clemente, here are some must-do activities to add to your itinerary.
Visit T-Street Beach
- T-Street Beach is a local favorite in San Clemente, known for its excellent surf conditions and laid-back atmosphere. The beach is popular with surfers and boogie boarders, but also offers plenty of space for swimming and sunbathing. There are public restrooms and showers available, as well as a nearby park with picnic tables and a playground.
Explore the San Clemente Pier
- The San Clemente Pier is another popular attraction in the city. Take a walk along the pier to enjoy panoramic ocean views, watch surfers catching waves, and observe the bustling sea life. You can also grab a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants located along the pier.
Check out Casa Romantica Cultural Center and Gardens
- Casa Romantica Cultural Center and Gardens is a historic landmark in San Clemente that has been beautifully restored and converted into a cultural center. The center offers a variety of programs and exhibits that showcase the cultural and artistic history of the area. The gardens, which are open to the public, are also worth exploring.
Go hiking in the San Clemente Coastal Trail
- The San Clemente Coastal Trail is a scenic hiking trail that winds along the coastline and offers breathtaking views of the ocean. The trail is relatively easy and is suitable for hikers of all skill levels. It's a great way to get some exercise while taking in the natural beauty of the area.
Shop and dine in Downtown San Clemente
- Downtown San Clemente is a charming area that is home to a variety of boutique shops, art galleries, and restaurants. It's a great place to wander around, explore the local culture, and enjoy a meal or a drink.
Play golf at the San Clemente Municipal Golf Course
- The San Clemente Municipal Golf Course is a popular destination for golf enthusiasts. The course offers 18 holes and is surrounded by stunning ocean views. It's a great way to spend a day outdoors while practicing your swing.
Visit the Surfing Heritage and Culture Center
- San Clemente is known as a hub for surf culture, and the Surfing Heritage and Culture Center celebrates that history. The center offers exhibits and programs that explore the history of surfing and its impact on the local community.
In conclusion, San Clemente has plenty of activities and attractions to offer visitors. Whether you're looking to relax on the beach, explore the local culture, or get some exercise in the great outdoors, San Clemente has something for everyone. So next time you're planning a trip to Southern California, be sure to add San Clemente to your list of must-visit destinations.
Want the full market report for San Clemente?
We want to ensure that you have all the information needed to make the best decisions when it comes to your home goals. When you enter your info below you will get instant access to the area's latest market report, complete with sales and demographic trends.
SAN CLEMENTE SCHOOL DISTRICT
serving over 50,000 students across 33 elementary schools, 10 middle schools, 7 high schools, and other educational programs.
San Clemente Local Favorites
San Clemente Community Blogs
Read helpful resources and articles related to the area.
San Clemente Beach Hotels
If you are planning a weekend trip or beach vacation to San Clemente, these beach hotels are perfectly …
Top Things to Do in San Clemente
San Clemente is a popular destination for tourists and locals alike. With unbeatable weather, a family friendly atmosphere, …
Top 10 Reasons San Clemente is One of The Best …
Here at the Ulnick Group, we feel fortunate to live and work in San Clemente. San Clemente has …
A Curated Collection of Our Notable Transactions